The Client is a global research-based organization and highly regarded name in the pharmaceutical research community. It was looking to transform run-of-the-mill & laborious MIS (Management Information System) reports generation activities to latest Business Intelligence platform with iPhone app type dashboards.
The pharmaceutical industry as a whole is investing in optimization of day to day operations in order to boost productivity and stay ahead of the competition. Global healthcare companies have begun seeking external help to carry out parts of the Business Intelligence with time & cost saving in mind.
- Monthly MIS report generation for HR Dept
- Understanding current arduous MS-Excel base approach
- Validity of data due to lack of data consistency in source content vs actual business
- Understanding different business insights matrices such as Attrition, Hiring failure rate, operating strength to achieve targets, Hiring performance within time, etc.
Objectives of BI Implementation
- Data consolidation from multiple sources such as SAP, multiple XLS sheets and other legacy applications
- To derive interactive analysis for Human Resource related Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Personalize dashboards for various decision makers
- Data access control to enhance security
- Low infrastructure & maintenance cost
- Selected Pentaho CE on Linux base OS
- Gathered detailed business requirements
- Developed automated ETL jobs for data cleansing and to build comprehensive and consolidated data warehouse by harvesting data from required sources
- Developed multidimensional Mondrian OLAP cube
- Implemented interactive dashboards
- Saved 4 man month worth of manual work on monthly basis
- Prediction on attrition that lead to proper sourcing for new recruitment
- No more Manual data entries
- Cross functional analytics helped in accurate budgeting of manpower strength
- Improved trainings based on performance
From ground up to final product within 6 weeks of time